This 208 page case bound book, recounts the story of north western Sydney’s Pennant Hills and the pioneers who shaped it. Built upon lands of the Guringai and Darug people, the Pennant Hills region was first documented in 1788. The book examines the area’s socio-economic significance to the growing Colony, through to the early 20th century.
The book has been honoured with the Owen Nannelli Memorial Award (for outstanding contribution to the education and promotion of local heritage), and was recognised with nomination for the New South Wales Premier’s Literary Award in the Regional History category, and the Douglas Stewart Award for literary non-fiction. Its production quality resulted in a Silver Medal in the NSW Print Excellence Awards.